Hey Everyone,
I have some updates for our timeline. It is still not totally set, but I know you need to start setting plans so I will let you know all I know right now.
Unfortunately the Vail Dance Intensive that many of us were planning to teach at did not get the enrollment that we were hoping for. This means the first two weeks of programs 7/14-7/21 and 7/22-7/28 won't be happening this year.
Program 3 is a go though! 7/29-8/4. I am in conversation now with the director of the Vail International Dance Festival about our show being a part of the community events on August 4th. So great right?! This would mean we could put performing in the Vail International Dance Festival on our resume. We are focusing in on August 4th as that performance date.
Following this I have two more opportunities I am pursuing.
1)August 5th-August 11th. Another time for a program to be developed and performed. This would be performed the 9th-11th. Vail, Fort Collins, Denver, Boulder, and Parker all have venues that are open this weekend that would be good for us. This couldbe a great weekend for us
2)I am in conversations with the Soheim Cup, they are interests in me commitioning a piece for their opening galla Wednesday August 14th. The Solheim cup is the biggest woman's golf tounimate in the world, and it is being held in Parker Colorado (my home town). The piece is site specific at the Wildlife Experience Museum. It is a paid project, but We have n ot settled on a fee yet. They are rich golfers so I am pushing for a good rate ;)
So, if you were a part of the Wildlife Experiece Galla show, we would also create a continuing performance series that would continue through the week. August 15-18th. After they see us at the gala we will make sure they all know we will be performing though the rest of the week in our black-box venue. This tounimate estimated over 100,000 visitors to Parker. Yes, $100,000.
NEXT STEP:
Please leave a comment to let me know where your at. Which ones are you interested in and availible for. Let's create!!
Once Again, the new dates:
Week 1: 7/28-8/4 Program in Vail, possibly with International Dance Festival
Week 2: 8/5-8/11 Touring program, creation process in Denver/Parker. 3-4 shows in different cities
Week 3: 8/12-8/18 Solheim Cup Gala 8/14, shows continuing though 8/18
Hey all the email said June on some of the dates, but I meant to put July and August. The dates above are correct.
ReplyDeleteI can actually only attend the Week 2 event. My freelance job for Idaho is the same week as week 3 >_> sorry Cor. You still rock though! And I would love to be a part of the process for week 2~
ReplyDeleteGreat Dan! I will put you down for week 2 then!
DeleteOkay ...
ReplyDeleteThird time is a charm! I'm available for the first week, possibly the second. This is so great Corina, looking forward to it!
Great- Awesome Felicia
ReplyDeleteHey! I can be available for all of that except for August 9-11. It will be hard for me to stay up in vail multiple days for rehearsals unless I can bring the dog with me:)
ReplyDeleteGreat! I think we can work it out so some of them are in Denver as well. On the Vail week they will be evening rehearsals.
DeleteAs far as I can tell I am available for week 2&3- & Possibly week 1. I will talk to you today about a few questions I have! :)
DeleteSo are we talking being in Colorado solid from the 28th through the the 18th? I'm definitely interested in all of this, I don't think I realized it was for such a long time though! Will have to see what I can do with work and stuff here, but of course I want to be in EVERYTHING lol. I need to call you anyway
ReplyDelete